I'm SO sorry it's been over a week since I've posted out here! I just don't know what my problem is! Of course I haven't been busy or anything... (wink, wink)
Ya, I've been a bit busy lately, but I'M BACK!! I know all three of my blog readers are jumping with excitement at the very thought of reading all about my fun and obstreperous life! :)
So I figured what way to get back into blogging could be any better than posting one of my newest, favoritest recipes!? Chocolate Chip Pie! Several of you know I've been baking these pies like a crazy-person lately--so many in fact that they are concerned I need a "pie intervention!" It just so happens my husband is completely hooked on them. And a few friends think they are simply amazing! And I can definitely eat them, too!
I originally got a recipe from a friend of mine whose family makes these pies for just about every holiday (which, I believe might be a new tradition in my house as well!). Although that recipe was good, I found one that was a bit better because it came out a bit more "firm" and ultimately didn't use quite as much butter. That ought to make it healthier, too, right? Right?? ;)
Anywho, I made yet another pie last night to celebrate my mom selling her house, and I took a few pics of the process so you all could see how yummy and EASY this pie is! So without further ado...
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip PieThis is a super-yummy, very rich and chocolatey pie. I serve with a chilled glass of milk and It. Is. Heaven.
Preparation - 15 min | Cooking - 55 min | Cooling Time - 15 min cooling | Yields - 8
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional -- I leave them out!)
- PREHEAT oven to 325° F.
- PREPARE pie shell. If using a frozen pie shell, use deep-dish style, thawed completely. Bake on baking sheet; increase baking time slightly. If using refrigerated pie dough, let it thaw for 15 minutes then unroll into pie pan.
- BEAT eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy.
- Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve warm! Feel free to serve a la mode!