- We hit the 30 week mark on Sunday, and I have yet to write a post and share a picture. In fact, I never even got around to posting my 28 week pic. Things have been SO busy lately I can barely think straight. I hardly have time to do anything. I certainly don't have time to write this post, but I'm doing it anyway 'cause I need to vent about stuff.
- Heartburn. Zantac. Did you know the correlation between the two? I didn't until yesterday. I've been chomping down 4-6 Tums every day for the past few months and they do little to nothing to stop or prevent my heartburn. So I saw a commercial for Zantac and picked some up last night. HEAVEN! I'm just so irritated I never thought to try it until now.
- So the Charleston rental property that hubs and I were about 99% sure we wanted for Chase's birth and surgery? I got a call yesterday from the property manager that the owner decided to rent it out to someone else. Now we're back to square one and have to try to find another place. I contacted 40+ properties with the first go 'round and we ended up with 3 potential properties, the one we wanted of course is now unavailable. So I have no idea how many more I'll have to go through to get another short list of possibilities. I continue to remind myself that God will provide and He already knows where we're supposed to be.
- Have you ever seen Cake Boss on TLC? It's a fabulous show that I can't get enough of -- probably because its focus is on CAKE. But it's interesting to watch Buddy, the bakery owner, who works with his sisters, brothers-in-law and other family members at his bakery. They have this connection as a family that I truly envy. Granted, they're Italians, so I'm pretty sure they've been raised for generations to have a significant commitment to family. But it's amazing to watch them interact with each other. I totally wish my family cared for each other to this degree. It's inspiring.
- I had an OB appointment this morning. It was awful. Apparently the A/C broke yesterday and, although they said it had been repaired, it was so incredibly HOT in there! And to make matters worse, I was stuck in the tiny room waiting on the doctor for over 20 minutes. It literally ended up being over an hour to check my weight and blood pressure, and have a doc come in to ask if I had any questions. Argh!
- I spent almost $60 on haircare products from Aveda the other day. Seriously, a small bottle of shampoo, a small bottle of conditioner and a hair gel of sorts. Imagine my complete and udder disappointment that NONE of these products work well on my hair. I'd be better off leaving the hair gel stuff off with as much frizz and craziness that resulted. And even using a different gel after using the shampoo and conditioner, my hair still goes all whack. Seroiusly. What a waste.
- Another random product vent? Lancome. Now don't get me wrong, I've been a dedicated fan and lover of all things Lancome for a good 10 years or so. My problem? I went to Macy's the other day to purchase more foundation. Imagine my surprise that the durn stuff is ringing up at $40 a bottle!? That's right! A ONE OUNCE bottle! Insane. And I went ahead and asked about a new moisturizer. What was I thinking? The lady recommended one and I asked how much it was -- she said $35. Whew. A bit steep, but doable. It was only after they rang it up and gave me the total that I did some quick math -- I inquired about the moisturizer and they informed me it was $43!! For a 1.7 ounce bottle! Sheesh! Almost $90 later, I have some new foundation and moisturizer. I'm so ready to head back Target and try a variety of other product lines... Revlon, Cover Girl, Maybelline, etc. Surely there has to be a similar product out there that won't set me back quite so much. Any suggestions?
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Posted by mom2lo at 2:06 PM
Labels: Random Stuff
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I like the Boots #7 line at Target. It's pretty good and reasonable.ReplyDelete
As for the Zantac-you are going to be my sister-in-law's favorite person. She is 14 weeks pregnant and just starting with the heartburn. I had read your Zantac post on Facebook and passed along the news. She was thrilled to know there was an answer to the misery. At least you have helped someone else, and I'm sure you will be helping many other new moms as you go through the next few months of experiences with Chase. God has chosen you and Sean for a reason. Even though there are days you aren't sure you can handle it all, He knows you can and will be there to hold you up when you need Him to.