I've tried to duplicate Starbucks hot chocolate at home. I bought a milk frother thingy. No dice. I bought a nuggin' espresso machine just to steam the milk. Notsomuch. I've struck out with every attempt to duplicate this deliciousness.
Enter the Starbucks Hot Chocolate recipe I found online over the weekend. OhMyGoodness. I never thought it'd actually be possible to duplicate the exact yumminess of Starbucks hot chocolate! But this recipe sure enough does! It is SO good. And SO easy. And SO good.
Without further ado, let me share this recipe with you.
Starbucks Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
Make one 16-ounce (grande size) serving.
- Combine the water, cocoa, and sugar in a 16-ounce microwave-safe pitcher, such as a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Zap the mixture on high for 30 seconds, or until hot. Stir well to create chocolate syrup.
- Add the milk to the chocolate syrup and microwave the mixture for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until hot. Add the vanilla and pour the drink into a 16-ounce coffee mug. Serve with whipped cream on top.
Seriously, if you're a hot chocolate connoisseur, you owe it to yourself to make a mug-full of this amazing recipe immediately! You will NOT be disappointed!
It sounds so easy! I am almost afraid to try it for fear of getting hooked on it, but think I can take the stuff to make it with me to work for a great pick-me-up. The hot Spiced Apple Cider at Starbucks is quite awesome, too. I finally bought cinnamon dolce syrup to make it at home.ReplyDelete