Just a little recap of things for my own forgetful self:
- He's up to about 18 lbs. 5 oz. and LOVES to eat! He's definitely the "chunkiest" little of our three, and I just can't get enough of those cheeks, thighs and fingers!
- This little guy is a nursing CHAMP. My goal is to hit the 12 month mark and we are well on our way! He nurses 3 to 4 times per day, and most of the time it's pretty quick since A) he gets distracted so easily and B) he's a hungry, growing boy and doesn't waste any time!
- We made it through a bit of rice cereal, the basic veggies and fruits, and now we're expanding with some new combinations. I'm making all of his food in the BEABA Babycook Pro, which is so simple and fast! It's so easy to make fresh, nutritious meals with it, and I've even used it to make a delicious sweet potato puree for the rest of us, which the kids loved! He's also enjoying Stonyfield yogurt -- just like his big sister and brother when they were his age. And I've recently introduced puffs, which is completely hysterical to watch because he's still developing his pincer grasp and most of them seem to end up on the floor.
- We've been TOTALLY laid-back in the motor skills development department. He sits up independently and easily rolls from tummy to back, but we rarely seem him roll from back to tummy. He's not had any interest in crawling, which is SO TOTALLY FINE by me! If I could keep him a tiny baby forever, I would! He LOVES to stand up, holding onto our fingers, and JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! He gets the biggest grin when he's bouncing!
- He's getting a bit heavy for the infant carrier so we're experimenting with Chase's old Britax Marathon rear-facing in the Sienna. I can't recall exactly when we moved the other two out of their carriers but seems it was around the time my right arm started getting too buff from carrying them everywhere. ;)
Of course there are lots of other things going on around here, including a B-I-G decision that I've been praying about for some time now, but I'll have to find the time to share more about things later. For now, I just want to revel in the amazing awesomness of my sweet baby boy!!!
P.S. How is it possible I'm already in FIRST BIRTHDAY PLANNING MODE? I've got a Pinterest board and everything, so you know it's official now! I just can't believe this little one is so close to the big 0-1!