To what am I referring? You guessed it! My durn wall photo collage thingy!
Let's pick up where I last left off...
- You remember I was frustrated that my 4x6 pictures looked tiny and that the frames I purchased didn't come in 11x14, right? Of course you did! Well, LO and I stopped by Kohl's on Thursday to scope out their jewelry (thanks for the suggestion to actually shop IN stores rather than online, Kristen! I'll post on LO's new jewelry soon!) and while we were there, we wandered back to the Home Decor area to scope out their collection of frames. What a great idea. (read with sarcasm)
- Almost $200 later, we were returning home with a new collection of wall frames, ranging from 11x14 to 5x7. PERFECT!
- So of course now I needed to make new wall templates to match the specs of my new frames. That took all evening. Once I had them finished, I put them up on the wall to start debating the layout.
- Surprisingly enough, I didn't hate the layout! But of course it DID need a few tweaks. Here's what I had:
- After much pondering, I decided to add two individual 5x7 frames to the mix. Here's how that looked:
- Now I need to order additional prints of the pictures I want to use in the sizes that I need them in. I love using Shutterfly for this, but I've also found it's quite convenient to order prints directly from iPhoto (I Love My MacBook!!!). While iPhoto prints tend to be less expensive than Shutterfly, my experience has been that Shutterfly prints and ships a few days quicker than iPhoto. Plus I want to use a matte finish and iPhoto only allows glossy. So I'm going to order my prints today and start finalizing my wall template to the point where I can mark drill holes, etc. Should be fun!
'Til next time!