Saturday, December 19, 2009


Just a quick FYI... Chase's cardiology appointment went really well on Friday. They didn't do an echo or EKG -- apparently they'll do those every other visit (basically once a month). They took his blood pressures, weight, and O2 sat (85 -- Woot!!). Dr. Horne took a look at my boy and was very pleased with him! He said his blood pressures were "fantastic" and his O2 sat was "perfect!" He also reduced his Lasix from 2x per day to just 1x! Woot!

On a related note... So apparently we're supposed to arrive to ALL of our appointments 30 minutes early. Yes, ALL of them. Okay... I wasn't aware of this so I showed up 10 minutes late and the receptionist had to get up and go ask Dr. Horne if he'd still see us.


Obviously, he said yes (whew!). So we get back there, do all the weight, BPs, etc. in about 10 minutes or less. The nurse left and said the doc would be in shortly.

Seriously, it was 50 minutes later before Dr. Horne made his appearance. Yes, FIFTY minutes. Now, I wouldn't care as much if it were an appointment for myself, but seriously? Here I am, supposedly arriving 30 minutes before my appointment, then waiting 50 MORE minutes to see the doctor. I have an infant with a feeding schedule, a pumping schedule for myself, a 2-1/2 year old requiring care to be coordinated, etc. etc. etc. Why is it that my time is much less valuable? I'm not at all angry or irritated by all of this. Ultimately I'm aware that we will be seeing Dr. Horne for the rest of our lives, and I'm okay with that! He's really great and I really like him a lot! It just takes so much to get my little guy out, coordinate his feeding schedule, my pumping schedule and care for LO. And it'd be a bit easier if I had any say in his appointment dates or times. It's one of those things where they tell you "here is the next appointment" and you just take it and make it work. WHEW!

Enough complaining.

Let me share some EXCITING news! My sweet boy slept for 7 hours straight last night! That's right! He slept for 8 hours Thursday night, then 7 hours last night. I'm hoping and praying he's finally settling into a routine and I'm SO okay with only one middle-of-the-night feeding/pumping. Way to go, sweet Chase!!! He's my little Rock Star!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time of things. You are doing an amazing job, taking care of everyone. I hope you are taking good care of yourself, too.

    Merry Christmas!