Right now he still has one chest tube in because the amount of drainage is borderline for removal, and as most things are here in the PCICU, Dr. Bradley took the conservative route and decided to leave it in another day. We're fine with that because we're in no hurry and trust Dr. Bradley immensley.
His oxygen saturation hasn't been the best so he's still on oxygen to help him keep it where they want it to be. This doesn't surprise us as Chase tends to need a little extra support when coming off of anesthesia. The plan will be to wean him off over the next 24-48 hours.
Based on how well he's doing, I would not at all be surprised if we were to be discharged on Monday, assuming nothing unusual or unexpected happens. We are so very blessed and grateful for our sweet son and his miraculous recovery from his second heart surgery. Praise be to God! And thank you to our frends, family and blog readers who have been lifting us up in prayer!
Posted from my iPhone