- I'm praising the Lord that both Bodie and Bowen had successful surgeries today! Please continue to lift both these little ones up in prayer especially over the next 24-48 hours.
- I'm so very pleased to report that LO had a great first day at her new preschool! I haven't had a chance to share much about that here, but essentially we've taken her out of her previous preschool (it was actually a daycare affiliated with the Baptist church that very much treated her like a daycare kid - not cool.) and started her in a private school that is an actual school, which has an early education program all the way through high school. She had been going 5 days a week to the "other" school, but will now be going 3 days a week at her new school. Honestly I had a difficult adjustment to not having her at home in the mornings 5 days a week. She'll be stuck getting up early and going to school 5 days a week for 15+ years, so I figure it'd be nice to still have a few mornings each week to hang out in pajamas with her mommy and brother and just enjoy being together. I think this new school is going to be a MUCH better fit for our family. Here are a few pics:
- Chase had his first flu shot this morning. He's been pretty good most of the day, just taking one extra nap and not really eating quite as fervently as usual. But this evening he stepped it up with a low fever (101.5!) and lots of fussiness. He's had some Tylenol twice and I gave him a nice bath before putting him to bed. I pray that he'll get a good night's sleep tonight and feel much better tomorrow!
- We picked up our Sienna today, complete with DVD player #4 installed. Unfortunately, we also now have a huge gash on the front fender, some greasy fingerprint stains on my leather seats, and some issues with the panels under the dash board that they removed to access the wiring. My biggest disappointment, however, was that NO ONE was there to walk us to our vehicle, make sure we were satisfied with the work, etc. We basically picked up our keys from the cashier and were pointed in the direction of the parking lot where we could find our vehicle. I couldn't believe this considering all we had been through already and also because hubs spent so much time with the service manager last week and was very patient with the situation. You might not be surprised to know that there was a voicemail placed this evening to that service manager, and we will be discussing all of this with them tomorrow.
- I'm thinking of moving my blog to Wordpress. I know this is totally random and I have no idea why I would want to move, other than the fact that I Love! Love! Love! the way Wordpress blogs look on my iPhone (the mobile version) and I don't believe Blogger offers that sort of thing. I know, I said it was random.
- Do you know how long it takes to clean/disinfect all of the toys in my house? A long time. Soak in bleach water, rinse, air dry. A LOT of stuff. Then wash all the cloth toys and things in the washing machine. And wipe down all of the electronic toys. This was about a 4-day process. So tiring. Now I know why I don't do it as often as I should. Loser mom, here!
- I had a great family vacation last weekend, but I'm pretty sure I haven't yet blogged about it. Not sure why. Lack of time, I guess. I'll try to get on that soon!
- So I'm dealing with this "issue" regarding people. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here, but suffice it to say that relationships with people that used to just "be" there, are no longer there. It's disappointing and it hurts, and I don't have the slightest idea how to even begin to rectify it (assuming it's all my fault, of course, since I'm the kind of person who typically assumes I did something wrong but just didn't realize it).
- I'm a mere $50 away from meeting my $500 fundraising goal for the American Heart Association's Start! Heart Walk. Don't you want to help me reach my goal and make a little donation? Don't you??
- It's only 8:44 PM and I'm ready to call it a night. Is that wrong?
Monday, September 13, 2010
Posted by mom2lo at 8:44 PM
Labels: Preschool, Random Stuff
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Wondering how Chase is doing now from his flu shot?ReplyDelete