- Chase has been going through a growth spurt over the past 48 hours. He'll eat 5 ounces of breastmilk and then an hour later, down anywhere from 2-4 ounces of formula. He's a growing boy! The best part about this is that we found out he will in fact take that nasty formula, Alimentum. It's the milk-free formula that smells like cheez-it spit. Truly.
- I had Chase's stool sample tested today and it came back NEGATIVE for blood!!! Woot! I'm very happy about this, but when I spoke with his doctor to determine our next step, he said we'd wait until he's 6 months old and try the milk protein again. Are you hearing me? Four more months on a milk-free diet for this momma. I'm not thrilled about it but will do whatever it takes to keep my boy healthy and strong.
- I just told hubs earlier tonight that this afternoon I had a very strange thought, one that I promised myself years ago I would never have: What if we buy a minivan? We've been doing some SUV shopping lately (nothing serious, just initial stuff) and for some reason I'm set on having the "captain chairs" behind the front seats so each of the kids can have their own seat and it's easier to get them in and out of their carseats. This could only be accomplished by buying a HUGE bus of an SUV, or buying a minivan. I'm quite certain before we got married, hubs and I made a pact that we would never be the minivan-driving sort. I'm so confused I don't know what I'm feeling right now! Ack!!
- I got out for a bit tonight, thankyouverymuch! I was thrilled to go to choir practice at my church for the first time in probably at least 3 months or so! It was fantastic to be around such wonderful people, singing praise and worship music together. I'm looking forward to getting back into the piano rotation next month. I do miss playing (much more than singing!).
- LO has been hanging in there. This whole scenario just isn't fair to her. I really try to get her out of the house as much as I can, but there's only so much fun in grocery shopping trips. She needs some fun time with both hubs and I doing something that's fun for her. It's difficult to pull it together but I'm trying my best!
- I took BOTH kids on some errands today while hubs was at work. I was so proud of myself! We made three stops, the last of which was at our nearby mall. Imagine my surprise when I got the kids loaded up to head home and our Jeep wouldn't start! I had to call hubs out of a meeting with his boss to come rescue us. Turns out he just jiggled some wires and we were on our way! Ugh. Now he has to teach me how to do it so I can fix it if it happens on me and the kids again. So where are we on that car shopping again?? ;)
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Not much to report but thought I'd still post our most recent happenings. Gotta admit I'm liking these weeks without doctor's appointments -- there's so much less to blog about though! I'm gonna go with bullet points for tonight's update 'cause it just seems quicker.