Tuesday, November 24, 2009


Well, we were told 5 minutes after Chase's first bottlefeeding attempt was supposed to begin that we were going to hold off. When they did his swallow study earlier today, they started with a regular consistency barium mixture and progressively thickened it. By the time they got to the thickest consistency, he tired out (as most single-ventricle babies do) and didn't take enough of the thickest stuff to get a good enough assessment of how he'll do with a full feed by bottle of the thickened milk. SO... We didn't get to do the bottle today. We have to do another swallow study either tomorrow or Friday (dependent on scheduling) to take more of the thickened barium mixture before we try our first bottle feed. That's what this is all about: the waiting game.


Please pray for hubs and I (more so impatient little ME) that we'll be able to take this in stride since it's really all in Chase's best interest.

Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. I sent one up for patience for you both...believe me I know all too well how you feel. Patience is definitely something I have been working on throughout my journey and I am sure it will be tested many more times.